Saturday, April 28, 2018

Camp NaNoWriMo Day 28

Hey guys!

I did it! I won today (a whole day early, just like NaNoWriMo 2017)! I will post a picture of my progress bar from the site on the page for April 30th, so if you want, you can see how I did. I'll also post some tips and advice!

For Brightly She Burns

Words Written: 3,295

Words Total (Camp): 46,700

Words Total (Overall): 61,906

Music: Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! at the Disco

Excerpt:

“You don’t agree with your father.” I said plainly and Quasim’s eyes widened in surprise. He looked away, studying the darkness of his cell.

“No.” He said. “I don’t. He is weak-minded but ambitious. Devany gave him the means to gain what he wants without much work. It’s difficult. I don’t disagree with everything Devany wishes to see in the world, but I strongly disagree with the ways in which she wants to achieve them. Of course, my father is the third king to rule under Devany’s…guidance.” Qasim rolled his eyes at that word, the way she had twisted what had once been a partnership into a tyranny. He swallowed. “I didn’t expect him to stand up to her, to see her vision but gentle her hand, but a king could, theoretically. It may do no good but he could’ve. But he didn’t. And that’s what I can’t seem to forgive him for.”

Happy Writing!

Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment